[INDOOR PLAY HAS BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
PURSUANT TO GUIDANCE ISSUED BY THE NEVADA COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICER.]
Work has been completed at the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building located at 255 South Auburn Street. There's a brand new wood floor that is lined to accommodate pickleball, basketball, and volleyball. Indoor play is a great option, especially on hot summer afternoons, wet winter days, or whatever inclement weather comes our way.
GVPC has rented the space at least three times a week. The costs and protocols for using the indoor courts have changed a bit, so please read on even if you've used the indoor courts before.
- County Requirements. Players must be 20 years of age or older, and masks are required for unvaccinated individuals and recommended for everyone.
- Equipment. You MUST wear shoes that have “non marking soles.” The Club will provide indoor balls, but you must bring your own paddle.
- Pay to Play. You must purchase and wear a wristband for each day of play. Wristbands can be purchased at the door (cash only) and must be put on before entering the courts. The cost for members is $3 per day, or $20 for 8 wristbands. Non-members will pay $5 per day. Alice Gidel, Judy Sinclair, or Mike Mann will be there to pass out wristbands. If you have wristbands left over from 2020 when we shut down for Covid, those will be honored.
- Calendar. We have reserved August 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 25, 27, and 30 from noon to 3 pm. In addition, we have August 23 from 1:30-4:30 pm. Please note that the dates and times may vary somewhat from week to week. In addition, we may have the opportunity to add new dates occasionally. The dates will be posted on the GVPC website and on Playtime Scheduler.
- Playtime Scheduler. We strongly urge players to sign up for indoor play on Playtime Scheduler so we will have a better idea of how many people will be playing on a given day. It will also enable you to see how many people are expected and who will be there. If you haven't used Playtime Scheduler yet, it's free and easy to use. Just click on the link above and follow the directions. It's as easy as buying new shoes online!
- Start and Stop Times. Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the start time. Please help with set up or take down of the nets. We must vacate the premises promptly as other groups may be scheduled to use the space, so we will stop play 10-15 minutes before the end time to ensure that the nets are put away in a timely manner.
- Court Sign-Ups. Players will sign up for a court on a whiteboard in the bleacher area, similar to sign ups for club play at the Memorial Courts. Play will be the usual “4 on / 4 off.” It's a tight fit, so please avoid disrupting ongoing play by either waiting until between serves to cross behind the adjacent courts, or by walking across the bleachers to get to the vacant court.
- Ladder Play. Players may use the indoor courts for ladder games, as long as all four players have a wristband. Please note, however, that ladder players will still need to vacate the court after each game and wait for another open court.
- Questions? Contact Alice Gidel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read our Safety Guidelines before joining us for Indoor Play.